Definition of "ibexes" [ibexes]
- (noun) Plural form of ibex.
- (noun) any of three wild goats, Capra ibex, C. caucasica, or C. pyrenaica, of mountainous regions of Europe, Asia, and North Africa, having large backward-curving horns
Use "ibexes" in a sentence
- "If 100 attempts gets us 2 or 3 healthy ibexes then we can start breeding those (probably having to cross them with another species of Ibex and then breed back to the main line in order to get some genetic diversity?) and there we are."
- "Before the 20th century the region was home to several different species of gazelle, wild asses, hartebeests, oryxes, ibexes, dorcas and onagers."
- "A visiting Sumerian described the city as teeming with "" monkeys, huge elephants, water buffaloes, beasts of faraway regions jostl [ing] each other in the broad avenues ... noble dogs, lions, mountain ibexes and sheep with long wool ..."