Definition of "haberdashery" [hab•er•dash•er•y]
- (noun) A haberdasher's shop.
- (noun) The goods and wares sold by a haberdasher.
- (noun) the goods or business kept by a haberdasher
Use "haberdashery" in a sentence
- "I run against Silver himself, all encompassed up in a spacious kind of haberdashery, leaning against a hotel and rubbing the half-moons on his nails with a silk handkerchief."
- "She had likewise an assortment of all kind of haberdashery wares; as hats, red caps, knit of"
- "We were four at setting out from Paddington: but one of the servants was dispatched to prepossess an old servant of Sir Hargrave’s mother, at Colne-brook, who keeps there a kind of haberdashery shop; and where he proposed to get some refreshment for the lady, if he could make her take any."