Definition of "habanero" [habanero]
- (noun) A cultivar of the tropical pepper Capsicum chinense having small, round, extremely hot green to red fruit.
- (noun) a native or inhabitant of Havana
Use "habanero" in a sentence
- "I see that the OED definition number 3 for the word habanero reads"
- "In any case, I’m pretty sure I’d rather get a colonoscopy with a red-hot poker dipped in habanero salsa than see this."
- "This is not as inauthentic as it sounds, actually, because the habanero is a close relative of Cuban sweet peppers ajÃ dulce, a.k.a. ajÃ cachucha."