Definition of "haar" [haar]
- (noun) coastal fog along certain lands bordering the North Sea
- (noun) a cold sea mist or fog off the North Sea
Use "haar" in a sentence
- "From the Scots dictionary: haar (pronounced hahr) – A haar is a type of cold mist or fog from the North Sea which frequently occurs along the East coast."
- "Edinburgh "haar," though it was not cold except between midnight and daybreak; the air was thick with fine sand dust, and often she could not see three yards away."
- "A regular St. Andrews "haar;" and St. Andrews people know what that is."