Definition of "ha" [ha]
- (interjection) Used to express surprise, wonder, triumph, puzzlement, or pique.
- (abbreviation) hectare
- (abbreviation) Latin hoc anno (this year)
- (abbreviation) hour angle
- (exclamation) an exclamation expressing derision, triumph, surprise, etc, according to the intonation of the speaker
- (exclamation) a representation of the sound of laughter
Use "ha" in a sentence
- "But it was, well, what it was, so I just kept my face buried in my plate, with an occasional soft *ha ha ha* for the Captain."
- "Hed be what I call useful just now, Mrs.C. ha, ha!"
- "I believe "ha, _ha_," by the way, is an ejaculation confined entirely to thwarted villains in stageland; but if I am a villain, I'm not thwarted yet."