Definition of "h'm" [h'm]
- (interjection) Form of hmm
- (exclamation) used to indicate hesitation, doubt, assent, pleasure, etc
Use "h'm" in a sentence
- "Not uncommon - close city climate - nothing serious, but unpleasant enough ... h'm, three grains should do it, I think ..."
- "I've had the greatest pleasure in getting up this little thing, and I'd made up my mind to propose Mrs Greenow's health; but, h'm, ha, no doubt it has been in better hands."
- "He was a little sad because he was going to have to leave his beloved models behind h'm."