- The generally triangular section of wall at the end of a pitched roof, occupying the space between the two slopes of the roof. (noun)
- The whole end wall of a building or wing having a pitched roof. (noun)
- A triangular, usually ornamental architectural section, as one above an arched door or window. (noun)
- The triangular upper part of a wall between the sloping ends of a pitched roof (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A triangular ornamental feature in the form of a gable, esp as used over a door or window (noun)
- The triangular wall on both ends of a gambrel roof (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016