Definition of "gabbroic" [gabbroic]
- (adjective) Of, pertaining to, or containing gabbro
- (noun) a dark coarse-grained basic plutonic igneous rock consisting of plagioclase feldspar, pyroxene, and often olivine
Use "gabbroic" in a sentence
- "Huge archaeological potential is the presence of native pottery, Cornish gabbroic coarseware."
- "The wall rocks to the pegmatites consist of a sequence of mafic volcanics and gabbroic intrusive bodies."
- "The prospect lies within a belt of rocks assigned to the Triassic Amphitheatre Group of the Wrangellia terrane, consisting of basalt flows and minor interflow argillite, limestone, and tuff, commonly with gabbroic sills."