Definition of "gabbler" [gab•bler]
- (noun) One who gabbles, or prates loquaciously on a trifling subject.
- (verb) to utter (words, etc) rapidly and indistinctly; jabber
- (verb) (of geese and some other birds or animals) to utter rapid cackling noises
- (noun) rapid and indistinct speech or noises
Use "gabbler" in a sentence
- "Amos Waughops was no match for the boy with his nimble legs, and, flushed and beaten, the gabbler hobbled back to his desk."
- "_ Me -- a tee-talker, a green-gabbler, a prattler on the links, the lowest form of life known to science!"
- "Christendom ever arranged a dinner party of any pretensions without including at least one intensely disagreeable person -- a vain and vapid girl, a hideous woman, a follower of baseball, a stock-broker, a veteran of some war or other, a gabbler of politics."