Definition of "gabbled" [gabbled]
- (verb) Simple past tense and past participle of gabble.
- (verb) to utter (words, etc) rapidly and indistinctly; jabber
- (verb) (of geese and some other birds or animals) to utter rapid cackling noises
- (noun) rapid and indistinct speech or noises
Use "gabbled" in a sentence
- "Tom Byam Shaw's Ariel may swing on a trapeze from time to time but his speech – at first strangely elongated, then gabbled – is earthbound and he trips around the stage as if he were an obliging ballet student rather than a sharp-edged sprite."
- "As they caught sight of Ah Cho they gabbled among themselves in low voices."
- "A district nurse came, gabbled into her mobile phone inches away from Dan's ear, a doctor, another nurse."