- (verb-intransitive) To speak rapidly or incoherently; jabber.
- (verb-intransitive) To make rapid, low muttering or quacking sounds, as a goose or duck.
- (verb-transitive) To utter rapidly or incoherently.
- (noun) Rapid, incoherent, or meaningless speech.
- (noun) The low muttering sound of a goose or duck.
- (verb) to utter (words, etc) rapidly and indistinctly; jabber
- (verb) (of geese and some other birds or animals) to utter rapid cackling noises
- (noun) rapid and indistinct speech or noises
"How that old lady did smile and (as she herself laughingly said) "gabble" her delight!"
""When I 'read the minutes' I just reach back in my mind and recall what the gabble was the night before -- I've got an awfully good memory."
"'gabble'; he gets 'beyond drivelling' into something more like"
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY