Definition of "gabapentin" [gabapentin]
- (noun) A medication, originally used for the treatment of epilepsy but now used to relieve pain.
- (noun) an antiepileptic drug that is also used to control neurological pain
Use "gabapentin" in a sentence
- "XenoPort said the companies are discussing the next steps in development of the drug, which is formally called gabapentin enacarbil."
- "~ Gabapentin Shown Effective For Fibromyalgia Pain -- "New research supported by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases NIAMS shows that the anticonvulsant medication gabapentin, which is used for certain types of seizures, can be an effective treatment for the pain and other symptoms associated with the common, often hard-to-treat chronic pain disorder, fibromyalgia.""
- "What probably has XenoPort shareholders so irked is the fact that this drug seemed like a shoe-in; it's been on the market for years in generic form under the name gabapentin and prior to that was marketed by PFE)."