Definition of "gab" [gab]
- (verb-intransitive) To talk idly or incessantly, as about trivial matters.
- (noun) Idle talk; chatter.
- (verb) to talk excessively or idly, esp about trivial matters; gossip; chatter
- (noun) idle or trivial talk
Use "gab" in a sentence
- "The notion that our leaders might have the brains and skill to maturely resolve conflicts with the gift of gab is astounding and long overdue."
- "The natives in the vicinity of Perth generally use the word gab-by, or kuyp-e, for water, but those inhabiting a district only twelve or fourteen miles distant from Perth adopt the word kow-win; the word used by the natives in the vicinity of Adelaide in South Australia for water is kauw-ee."
- "For your gift of the gab is a caution -- are splendid;"