Definition of "fabulist" [fab•u•list]
- (noun) A composer of fables.
- (noun) A teller of tales; a liar.
- (noun) a person who invents or recounts fables
- (noun) a person who lies or falsifies
Use "fabulist" in a sentence
- "But because its Aleksandar Hemon, the stories extend far beyond the immigrant experience; each one is punctuated with unexpected humor and spins out in fabulist, exhilarating directions, ultimately building to an insightful, often heartbreaking conclusion."
- "Fontaine will feel that Gay the fabulist is a writer whose work the world has let die very willingly indeed."
- "I tend to read very unusual fiction - horror, dark fantasy, slipstream and "fabulist" or "New Weird", and anything that touches on gender, race and sexual issues."