Definition of "fabled" [fabled]
- (adjective) Made known or famous by fables; legendary.
- (adjective) Existing only in fables; fictitious.
- (adjective) made famous in fable
- (adjective) fictitious
Use "fabled" in a sentence
- "Miss Maszkeradi had sought precisely such a gruff, ancient tree-like male all her life, to whom she could have been as faithful as to this rooted, bark-bound, impassive trunk that had a face, as in fabled forests of old, hands in pockets, and a waist aslant, in a bored pose."
- "Could I call the fabled Hydra, I would have him live and perish, survive and die, until the sun itself would grow dim with age."
- "Umm al-Dunya, the mother of the world, Egyptians and other Arabs call the fabled city of Cairo."