Definition of "f-stop" [f-stop]
- (noun) A camera lens aperture setting that corresponds to an f-number.
- (noun) See f-number.
- (noun) any of the settings for the f-number of a camera
Use "f-stop" in a sentence
- "Notice the decrease in sharpness as I increased the f-stop (decreased the aperture diameter)."
- "Few of God's wonders are as inspiring as a waterfall: Ah ... wide-angle lens, 1/8-second exposure (without a tripod), f-stop, let's see ..."
- "Buy a camera that goes down to an f-stop of at least 2.8."