Definition of "e-mail" [e-mail]
- (noun) A system for sending and receiving messages electronically over a computer network, as between personal computers.
- (noun) A message or messages sent or received by such a system.
- (verb-transitive) To send (a message) by such a system.
- (verb) to contact (a person) by electronic mail
- (verb) to send (a message, document, etc) by electronic mail
Use "e-mail" in a sentence
- "A snarky e-mail about boobs, in response to a snarky e-mail about boobs sent to me in response to a DIFFERENT snarky e-mail about boobs."
- "And this meta-data in most cases can be added automatically by the receiving applications (e.g. the e-mail client saves automatically the e-mail attachments to the disk and adds them to the �Received by e-mail� category)."
- "I remember clearly the first time I overheard someone say the word "e-mail" in a restaurant."