Definition of "e-businesses" [e-businesses]
- (noun) Plural form of e-business.
- (noun) a business which uses the internet to sell goods or services, esp one which does not also have shops or offices that people can visit or phone
- (noun) the act of buying, selling, and ordering goods and services using the internet
- (noun) (as modifier)
Use "e-businesses" in a sentence
- "Mr. Lavin notes that e-businesses, such as selling items on eBay, may not be the best option for teens without the right background and support: "You have to be very careful when you are starting an online entrepreneurship, but if a teenager has the skill set and support of their parents, online is a good option.""
- "For e-businesses that depend on shoppers like Garberg, what they learn about the lives of Netizens will be invaluable."
- "What they found may be a sobering message for e-businesses: consumers are fearful that e-tailers are tracking their every online move -- and even more worried about who is tracking their credit-card numbers."