Definition of "dacoit" [da•coit]
- (noun) A member of a robber band or gang in India or Myanmar (Burma).
- (noun) (in India and Myanmar) a member of a gang of armed robbers
Use "dacoit" in a sentence
- "Lala Ram belonged to an upper, landowning caste, and within dacoit gangs, too, everything turned on caste."
- "Without reading the article yet, I am reminded of the common use of the word dacoit (burglar, highway robber) in Northern India."
- "The dacoit was the one who took the man away; the handmaiden remained with her mistress."