Definition of "dacite" [dacite]
- (noun) A light gray volcanic rock containing a mixture of plagioclase and other crystalline minerals in glassy silica, similar in appearance to rhyolite.
- (noun) an igneous, volcanic rock characteristically light in colour with relatively high silica content
Use "dacite" in a sentence
- "Basalt magma typically generates very little ash compared to other types (andesite, dacite, and rhyolite)."
- "For example, volcanic eruptions range from (1) effusion of lava fountains and flows with very little ash erupted, typical of basaltic magma eruptions; to (2) extremely explosive eruptions that inject large quantities of ash high into the stratosphere, typical of rhyolite and dacite magmatic eruptions."
- "An intrusive complex of dacite with sedimentary and metamorphic rocks of Palaeozoic age comprise the predominant rock forms."