Definition of "dachshund" [dachs•hund]
- (noun) A small dog of a breed developed in Germany for hunting badgers and having a long body, a usually shorthaired brown or black and brown coat, drooping ears, and very short legs.
- (noun) a long-bodied short-legged breed of dog
Use "dachshund" in a sentence
- "My almost 19 year old dachshund is used to traveling with me and does not need any tranquillizer."
- "Edward is a dachshund, which is sometimes referred to as a sausage or wiener dog."
- "Dogs of every description from the poodle to the St. Bernard and from the wolfhound to the half-breed dachshund, which is half German and half Bolshevik and looks the part."