Definition of "dabbler" [dab•bler]
- (noun) One who engages in an activity superficially or without serious intent. See Synonyms at amateur.
- (verb) to dip, move, or splash (the fingers, feet, etc) in a liquid
- (verb) to deal (with) or work (at) frivolously or superficially; play (at)
- (verb) to daub, mottle, splash, or smear
Use "dabbler" in a sentence
- "She suggests that the growth offered by buy-to-let property has resulted in "dabbler" landlords who, facing an economic downturn, are harassing tenants and seem unaware that evicting renters without notice can be acrime."
- "I'm just 'dabbler' in the soap world, but I love seeing you link and talk about all the wonderful products."
- "Although Ms. Amato, 28, was a "dabbler" cook, her husband's idea of a fine meal was a fried bologna sandwich, she says."