Definition of "cabbage" [cab•bage]
- (noun) Any of several forms of a European vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) of the mustard family, having a globose head consisting of a short stem and tightly overlapping green to purplish leaves.
- (noun) Any of several similar or related plants, such as Chinese cabbage.
- (noun) The terminal bud of several species of palm, eaten as a vegetable.
- (noun) Slang Money, especially in the form of bills.
- (noun) Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
- (noun) any of various cultivated varieties of the plant Brassica oleracea capitata, typically having a short thick stalk and a large head of green or reddish edible leaves: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- (noun) the head of a cabbage
- (noun) the edible leaf bud of the cabbage palm
- (noun) a dull or unimaginative person
Use "cabbage" in a sentence
- "Well, the plain cabbage is now used up, so tomorrow I go cross town to buy a Savoy and make the raised cabbage pies."
- "Napa cabbage is my favorite food, at least some days."
- "It tastes really good, though the cabbage is a tad overcooked (I don't mind, since I like cabbage)."