Definition of "cabaret" [cab•a•ret]
- (noun) A restaurant or nightclub providing short programs of live entertainment.
- (noun) The floor show presented by such a restaurant or nightclub.
- (noun) a floor show of dancing, singing, or other light entertainment at a nightclub or restaurant
- (noun) a nightclub or restaurant providing such entertainment
Use "cabaret" in a sentence
- "The Dutch are quite keen on what they call cabaret, and the artists known as cabaretiers."
- "Even more than related musical forms, like jazz, the definition of "cabaret" is constantly changing and eternally subjective, and these two series are at the heart of that debate."
- "The veteran headliner, who has sung in jazz clubs, theaters, concert halls and, most famously, in eight major Broadway shows, feels that cabaret is primarily a "place" and not necessarily a style."