Definition of "babirusa" [babirusa]
- (noun) A nocturnal, forest-dwelling wild pig (Babyrousa babyrussa) of the East Indies, having long, upward-curving tusks in the male.
- (noun) a wild pig, Babyrousa babyrussa, inhabiting marshy forests in Indonesia. It has an almost hairless wrinkled skin and enormous curved canine teeth
Use "babirusa" in a sentence
- "Todd, One of Three (I'm going with Son this week), Larry, and dmorris knew that the the babirusa was the animal in question last week."
- "I'm surprised so many people knew what the name was of that stinkin 'animal, I thought a babirusa was an Italian disco dancer from the 70's."
- "In a curious parallel to this combination of anatomical features, the word babirusa combines babi, meaning pig, with rusa, meaning deer."