- (noun) A confusion of sounds or voices. See Synonyms at noise.
- (noun) A scene of noise and confusion.
- (noun) a tower presumptuously intended to reach from earth to heaven, the building of which was frustrated when Jehovah confused the language of the builders (Genesis 11:1Ã¢ÂÂ9)
- (noun) the city, probably Babylon, in which this tower was supposedly built
- (noun) a confusion of noises or voices
- (noun) a scene of noise and confusion
"When I translated the Thomas line in babel fish, it came up with Thomas is more Lugner."
"They speak a babel of languages: Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian,"
"Zero, LaTeX has the "babel" package for almost any language you might want to write in."
SUBSCRIBE TO WORD OF THE DAY