Definition of "babbles" [babbles]
- (verb) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of babble.
- (verb) to utter (words, sounds, etc) in an incoherent or indistinct jumble
- (verb) to talk foolishly, incessantly, or irrelevantly
- (verb) to disclose (secrets, confidences, etc) carelessly or impulsively
- (verb) (of streams, birds, etc) to make a low murmuring or bubbling sound
- (noun) incoherent or foolish speech; chatter
- (noun) a murmuring or bubbling sound
Use "babbles" in a sentence
- "Â The battles intersect, and Hal, Carol, Sinestro and Indigo combine their powers to blast theÂSur family into atoms (though not before Abin babbles that heÂKNOWS her …) ÂÂHal asks Sinestro pointedly who the girl was to him, and Sinestro replies coldly, “Nobody.”"
- "Too good too be true moment: After dinner and “chatting” mostly one word babbles from me in French/English to my Cameroonian parents my host Papa offers me wine."
- "A talismanic remembrance to stand between my faith in your kindness for me and any 'babbles' (my grandfather's word) that may ever attempt, consciously or unconsciously, to shake it."