Definition of "babbitt" 
- (noun) Babbitt metal.
- (verb) To line with Babbitt metal to reduce friction.
- (noun) A person who subscribes complacently to materialistic middle-class ideals
Use "babbitt" in a sentence
- "Tin forms an important part of many alloys such as babbitt, Britannia metal, bronze, gun metal and bearing metals."
- "By day you struggle with the German for "babbitt-lined bearing" (Weißmetallfutterlager, of course), by night you worry how you'll pay the bills."
- "But if you have no extra plug you must remove the first one and refill it with babbitt."