Definition of "baas" [baas]
- (noun) An employer, a boss. Frequently as a form of address.
- (noun) Plural form of baa.
- (verb) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of baa.
- (noun) a South African word for a boss: often used by Black or Coloured people addressing a White manager or overseer
Use "baas" in a sentence
- "The word boss comes from the Dutch word baas which literally means master."
- "The word "boss" is derived from the Dutch baas, meaning"
- "The pamphlet said "the baboon is in office" and the "baas" (former provincial commissioner Chris Serfontein) had left."