Definition of "ba" [ba]
- (verb) (obsolete) To kiss.
- (noun) In ancient Egyptian mythology, a being's soul or personality, represented as a bird-headed figure, which survives after death but must be sustained with offerings of food.
- (the-internet-domain-name-for) Bosnia-Herzegovina
Use "ba" in a sentence
- "They are clearly miniature “houses for the gods,” as witnessed both by their clear architectural form and by the fact that in all West Semitic languages Canaanite, Phoenician, Punic, Aramaic, Hebrew, etc. the word ba¯yit/bêt is translated as both “house” and “temple.”"
- "At twelve o'clock (noon) the next day the English engineers, with a party comprising all the Brazilian swells of Lagôa Dourada, proceeded to a valley within the village to lay the first chain for the exploration of the mountains which divide the watershed of the Rio São Francisco and the Paraopéba from the Carandahy and Rio Grande, for the prolongation of the Dom Pedro Segunda Railway."
- "So, much as I’m weary of western politicians who couldn’t tell the Ka’ba from a peach cobbler going on about how extremists are “perverting” Islam — how the hell do they know? — this article, which got its author suspended from his radio talk show hosting job for its claim that “Islam is a terror organization,” is truly, profoundly stupid."