Definition of "b" [b]
- (noun) The second letter of the modern English alphabet.
- (noun) Any of the speech sounds represented by the letter b.
- (noun) The second in a series.
- (noun) Something shaped like the letter B.
- (noun) The second best or second highest in quality or rank: a mark of B on an English theme.
- (noun) the second letter and first consonant of the modern English alphabet
- (noun) a speech sound represented by this letter, usually a voiced bilabial stop, as in bell
- (noun) the second in a series, esp the second highest grade in an examination
Use "b" in a sentence
- "The division-frame itself is closed by having two sheets of zinc run into it as shown in fig. 2, the one marked _b b b b_, and partly drawn out, being of solid sheet zinc; and _a a_, the other in the frame, of perforated zinc; _d_, being the screw-nut (like those in the bee-frames) by means of which it can be drawn out into the observation-frame, &c."
- "Or again, he noticed that if b is the length of the side of a square, then b² represents its area, and b³ the volume of the cube with edge equal to b."
- "Demz b speshul sunglarsis wif teh mirrer sew u cna sii hoo is following u n teh blak van…..b caerful!"