Definition of "a lot" 
- (noun) A large amount.
- (noun) Many things, much.
- (adverb) very much; a great deal; to a large extent.
- (adverb) often; frequently
Use "a lot" in a sentence
- "“Are there a lot of stores that supply bugs, Mr. Ragle?”"
- "The prosecution put out a lot of dots, but they couldn't connect them, says Lawrence Kobilinsky, chairman of the Department of Sciences at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York."
- "Like a lot of the top poker pros, Brunson had been an athlete when he was younger, having earned a full basketball scholarship to Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene."